Austin Adler ’23Theatre Major
Posted on December 6th, 2022 by

“Before college I knew I wanted to be a theatre major but something always felt missing. The Gustavus Theatre and Dance Department allowed me to capitalize on my love for acting while discovering my missing piece which turned out to be scenic carpentry.

Theatre major, Austin Adler, shares about their experience in the department.

Being with the Gustavus Theatre and Dance Department for three years now has allowed me to carve my own path within the theatre degree. The department gives you the one-on-one training and conversations that you may not get from a larger university or state school. It has given me the ability to discover my strengths and weaknesses at every step of the program. What stands out to me the most about the program is that you can be yourself and you do not feel like you’re “just another theatre major.” The major courses vary to suit your unique path. Before college I knew I wanted to be a theatre major but something always felt missing. The Gustavus Theatre and Dance Department allowed me to capitalize on my love for acting while discovering my missing piece which turned out to be scenic carpentry. The major is flexible enough if you would like to double major as well!