Quinn Ailabouni ’24Major Biology and Minor in Public Health and Statistics
Posted on August 23rd, 2023 by

“The learning atmosphere is open and welcoming as professors seem to genuinely care about their students succeeding.”

Quinn Ailabouni is a Biology major with a double minor in Public Health and Statistics. She is currently focusing on a career in virology, due to her enjoyment in biological and laboratory aspects of viruses. 

Ailabouni describes the atmosphere in the Biology Department as open and welcoming, and she credits the professors for having a drive for their students to succeed. “For example, when I was taking Cellular and Molecular Biology, I would often go to my professor’s office hours and she would review my lab reports to make sure that they were up to her standards and that I wasn’t lacking information,” Ailabouni said. 

Her favorite class experience was class with Professor Karl Larson, because “he always has a way to make class interesting,” she said. “He makes students feel welcome, and the content in class is easy to understand,” which helps ensure that everyone is prepared for exams. 

She has taken three different classes with Dr. Larson and said each class was more enjoyable than the last. “He has always helped me with my questions in class and about public health as a whole,” said Aliabouni, who said she also enjoys his sense of humor..

The faculty in the Department overall has helped her gain the necessary knowledge she needs for understanding and studying diseases and viruses in the future.